Local 798 News
Local 798 App
Local 798 plans to unveil our Native American Relations Policy on November 3, 2017. This opportunity to work collectively with Tribes and their members will be beneficial for all parties going forward, not only in Oklahoma but nationwide.”
Local 798, Business Manager
The National Pipeline Agreement, Effective: June 5, 2017-May 31, 2020, and the June 5, 2017-June 8, 2018 Wages and Fringes can now be found under Contracts Page tab of the website. Listed below the National Pipeline Agreement is a quick glance of the amendments that were made to the Agreement.
Updates on future Pipeline Projects & Meetings
For all future updates on Pipeline Projects and Meetings please visit the Action Network Website. Thanks
Effective January 1, 2017, the IRS will reduce the standard mileage rate. Therefore, per the National Pipe Line Agreement, the travel pay rate will also decrease to 53.5 cents per mile.
2017 Rig Rental Rates
.13 Transportation Mainline Pipeline Construction Industry Optional Expense Substantiation Rules for Payments to Employees under Accountable Plans. For calendar year 2018, an eligible employer may pay certain welders and heavy equipment mechanics an amount of up to $18 per hour for rig-related expenses that are deemed substantiated under an accountable plan if paid in accordance with Rev. Proc. 2002–41, 2002–1 C.B. 1098. If the employer provides fuel or otherwise reimburses fuel expenses, up to $11 per hour is deemed substantiated if paid under Rev. Proc. 2002–41.
December 8, 2017
The Regular December Membership Meeting will be held at the Pipeliners Local Union 798 Union Hall, 4823 S. 83rd E. Ave., Tulsa, OK on Friday, December 8, 2017 beginning at 7 p.m.
798 Ladies Hospitality
The Ladies of 798 Hospitality will be held at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel – 6808 S. 107th E. Ave., Tulsa, OK 74133 – beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, December 8, 2017. The Renaissance Tulsa Hotel has graciously offered a discounted room rate of $94. To make reservations, call (918) 307-2600. Make sure you indicate you are with Pipeliners Local Union 798.
January 12, 2018
The Regular January Membership Meeting will be held at the Pipeliners Local Union 798 Union Hall, 4823 S. 83rd E. Ave., Tulsa, OK on Friday, January 12, 2018 beginning at 7 p.m.
SPECIAL BUSINESS: Nominations for Financial Secretary-Treasurer
1. A meeting to nominate candidates for Financial Secretary-Treasurer will be held on Friday, January 12, 2018 starting at 7:00 p.m. (CST), at the Local 798 Union Hall, 4823 South 83rd East Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
2. Nominations will be accepted for Financial Secretary-Treasurer.
3. No member shall run for more than one office. The term of office shall be in accordance with the United Association Constitution.
4. No Local 798 member shall be eligible to be nominated for office in Local 798 unless he/she has been a member in good standing of the United Association and Local 798 for at least a period of two (2) years immediately prior to the election. Any member who owes or has paid a reinstatement fee within a period of two (2) years immediately prior to the date of the election shall not be eligible to be nominated for office in Local 798. The “date of the election” for purposes of determining eligibility to run for office is February 23, 2018. Thus, if a member is not eligible as described above as of February 23, 2018, he/she will not be eligible to run for office.
5. Nominations for officers will be accepted from the floor at the nominations meeting. A candidate may nominate their self and need not have a second. If a member is not present at the meeting, he/she may be nominated or nominate their self by sending a written notice of their acceptance of nomination to the specified office. Such written notice may be delivered by hand, mail, or facsimile to the Union Office, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written notice must be received by the Local Union in Tulsa, Oklahoma no later than 4:30 p.m. (CDT) on the day of nominations, Friday, January 12, 2018. (Please note that the email address for nominations will be activated on December 11, 2017 and deactivated at 4:30 p.m. (CDT) on Friday, January 12, 2018.) The names of all candidates received by this deadline will be announced at the nominations meeting.
6. Under Section 504 of the Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (“LMRDA”), a member who has been convicted of certain crimes may not hold union office for a maximum of 13 years following the date of conviction or the end of imprisonment, whichever is later. Please call the U.S. Department of Labor, or the Chairman of the Election Committee if you have a question about this provision of the LMRDA.
7. The Election Committee will conduct a candidate’s meeting on Saturday, January 13, 2018. All candidates and their observers are encouraged to attend. The meeting will be conducted at the Local 798 Union Hall, 4823 South 83rd East Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and will start at 10:00 a.m. (CDT).
8. The results of the election will be announced at the Regular Membership Meeting on Friday, April 13, 2018 starting at 7:00 p.m. (CST) at the Tulsa Renaissance Hotel, 6808 S. 107th E. Ave. Tulsa, OK 74133.
9. In the event there is a tie vote and a run-off election is necessary, a mail ballot election will be conducted. Ballots will be mailed on Friday, April 27, 2018 and will be counted on Thursday, May 31, 2018 at the Local Union Hall, 4823 South 83rd East Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma, starting at 9:00 a.m. (CST). The results of any run-off election will be announced at a Special Union Membership meeting to be held on Friday, June 1, 2018 at the Local Union Hall, 4823 South 83rd East Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma, starting at 7:00 p.m. (CST).
798 Ladies Hospitality
The 798 Hospitality will be held at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel – 6808 S. 107th E. Ave., Tulsa, OK 74133 – beginning at 6: p.m. on Friday, January 12, 2018. The Renaissance Tulsa Hotel has graciously offered a discounted room rate of $94. To make reservations, call (918) 307-2600. Make sure you indicate you are with Pipeliners Local Union 798.
IN CASE YOU ARE INJURED ON OR OFF THE JOB:
Please call Michael E. Shelton, our attorney for these issues BEFORE giving any statements, signing any papers, or taking any other action that may affect your rights. The call and advice are free. Mike also carries a Journeyman's card with UA Local 100 and understands the issues you deal with when injured. His contact information is:
The Shelton Law Firm
2777 Allen Parkway, 14th Floor
Houston, TX 77019
Office phone: 713 807-0700
Office Fax: 713 400-4086
Business Manager & Financial Secretary - Treasurer Reports
Danny Hendrix Business Manager
Wade Pilgreen Financial Secretary Treasurer